Clinically Proven LED Light Therapy Treatment for
ACNE • ANTI-AGING • PAIN
Our primary goal is to help our patients feel better faster! That’s why I’m always looking for the most advanced treatment options and often incorporate modern technology with traditional Chinese medicine.
Recently I tried LED light therapy, a healing technology invented by NASA, and was surprised by the quick results I obtained with my chronic wrist/thumb tendonitis! Even though there’s a lot of clinical research to back its claims there’s nothing like firsthand experience!
Healing my tendonitis had been a slow process because it’s on my right hand and I have to use it all the time! I’ve reinjured it several times just doing everyday activities like cleaning or gardening.
After trying LED light therapy along with my regular treatments I felt significantly better! In fact, after just a few treatments my hand is almost healed. Having a light therapy session after activities that typically reinjure my hand has prevented any new injuries!!
I realized what a powerful duo acupuncture combined with LED light therapy is and we’re now offering this therapy at our clinic.
Read below to learn more about LED light therapy and how it can help you and your family.
What is Light Therapy?
Light Emitting Diode (LED) phototherapy is the application of light energy to tissue to obtain therapeutic benefits. The energy is used to improve cellular performance.
Phototherapy is known for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties and has a variety of applications across many medical fields.
Research has shown that phototherapy can:
- Increase circulation
- Accelerate tissue repair
- Decrease wrinkles
- Decrease inflammation
- Improve skin tone, texture, and clarity
- Ease muscle and joint pain, stiffness, spasm
- Reduce arthritis pain
- Kill the bacteria that causes acne
In fact, this is just the beginning of our understanding of what light therapy can do to help the body heal itself. Preliminary research shows it may also be helpful for those with allergies and a variety of painful conditions.
How Does Light Therapy work?
Specific wavelengths of light energy, when properly absorbed, up-regulates compromised cells. Light energy, or photos, is absorbed by photoreceptors in the mitochondria and used to create adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
The ATP produced then stimulates various metabolic processes which can result in the repair and regeneration of cell and tissue components.
In an article, “Therapeutic Light” – by Chukuku S. Enwemeka, PT, PhD, FACSM, he wrote:
“The resultant clinical benefits include pain relief in conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, tendonitis, ankle sprain, and temporomandibular joint dysfunction, shoulder and neck pain, arthritis, and post-herpetic neuralgia, as well as tissue repair in cases of diabetic ulcer, venous ulcer, mouth ulcer, fractures, tendon rupture, ligamentous, tear, torn cartilage, and nerve injury.”
What is Celluma?
Celluma is unique and quite unlike any other low-level light therapy device available today. Based on NASA research, Celluma delivers blue, red and near-infrared light energy simultaneously to safely treat a wide variety of conditions.
Each wavelength is absorbed by different molecules that act as a signaling mechanism for different cellular processes. For example, some reduce inflammation and some kill bacteria, while others enhance localized circulation.
What Patients are Saying About Celluma
“I’m a photographer and while visiting family I injured my shoulder and couldn’t even carry a backpack or my camera bag. Using LED light therapy along with acupuncture Robin was able to repair my muscle injury after just 3 sessions! My shoulder feels much better and I’m able to carry my camera bag again. Plus the Light therapy felt wonderful and relaxing. Amazing!
– Kendra K, Mammoth Lakes, CA
“I’m so thrilled that after only 4 Celluma treatments I noticed my smile lines are disappearing! Almost gone!!! My skin tone and texture is also improving and I feel like my youthful glow is back! I’ve always been leery of the harmful side effects of harsh chemical peels or botox injections, which is why I’m so excited that the light therapy treatments really work! It’s a great add-on to my regular acupuncture sessions! Thanks, Robin!
– Patricia M, Morgan Hill, CA
“I play volleyball at my high school and have practice every day during the week and sometimes even on the weekends. Although icing my joints and knees helps after practices, there is nothing better then what Celluma does. Celluma helps rid any pains I get in my knees or anywhere else after practices, games, tournaments, etc. Not only do I use Celluma for my joints, but also for my face. I’m constantly sweating from practice, I do get acne. Once I began to use Celluma every night on my face, I could see immediate results the next morning. The product has changed not only my appearance but also my life.”
– Jordan W, Laguna Beach, CA
What are the fees for a LED Light Therapy Session?
Solo Light Therapy Session
- A stand-alone light therapy session for the treatment of pain, wrinkles, or acne.
Add-On Light Therapy Session
- For a light therapy session that’s added to a regular acupuncture session.
Introductory 10-Pack of Light Therapy Sessions
- In this introductory offer, you can buy a 10-pack of light therapy sessions for $360 bringing the price down to $36 per session.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Celluma?
A: Celluma is a light therapy device for treating pain, acne, and wrinkles.
How does it work?
A: Celluma helps compromised cells regenerate.
How does help with pain and skin conditions?
A: It increases blood circulation, decreases inflammation and increases the production of collagen & elastin.
How long does it take to work?
A: Most people feel, or see, an improvement with one or two uses.
But does it really work?
A: Yes! The technology embedded in Celluma was developed by NASA and is backed by clinical research!
What does it cost?
A solo LED light therapy session is $50. If you add LED light therapy to your acupuncture session it’s $40. We also had an introductory package of 10 LED light sessions for $360.
- Effect of light emitting diodes in the photodynamic therapy of rheumatoid arthritis
Neupane, Jitesh et al. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy , Volume 7 , Issue 1 , 44 – 49
- Stelian, J., Gil, I., Habot, B., Rosenthal, M., Abramovici, I., Kutok, N. and Khahil, A. (1992), Improvement of Pain and Disability in Elderly Patients with Degenerative Osteoarthritis of the Knee Treated with Narrow-Band Light Therapy. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 40: 23–26. doi:10.1111/j.1532-5415.1992.tb01824.x
- de Oliveira, R.A., Fernandes, G.A., Lima, A.C.G. et al. Lasers Med Sci (2014) 29: 1195. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10103-013-1503-2
- Lim, W., Lee, S., Kim, I., Chung, M., Kim, M., Lim, H., Park, J., Kim, O. and Choi, H. (2007), The anti-inflammatory mechanism of 635 nm light-emitting-diode irradiation compared with existing COX inhibitors. Lasers Surg. Med., 39: 614–621. doi:10.1002/lsm.20533
- Hodgson, B.D., Margolis, D.M., Salzman, D.E. et al. Support Care Cancer (2012) 20: 1405. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-011-1223-8
- G Khoury, Jane & Goldman, Mitchel. (2008). Use of light-emitting diode photomodulation to reduce erythema and discomfort after intense pulsed light treatment of photodamage. Journal of cosmetic dermatology. 7. 30-4. 10.1111/j.1473-2165.2008.00358.x